Ayurveda is an alternative form of traditional healing that focuses on holistic therapy as opposed to symptomatic cures. As a result, rather than helping you gain weight as fast as possible, Ayurveda for weight gain practices will help you maintain a normal, healthy weight over time.
But, first, it’s advisable to consult an Ayurvedic doctor who can help you identify if your Doshas are in their optimum levels.
If not, it may be necessary to work on correcting them. The Ayurvedic doctor may also prescribe certain supplements and herbal remedies that can help support a healthy weight. Further, ensure that you are also eating at least three fulfilling, healthy meals every day. It’s important that you don’t eat when you are stressed, distracted, or doing other activities.
Instead, focus on the food that you are eating and feel the satisfaction of eating a full meal.
Many people wrongly consume fatty, processed foods to gain weight fast, however, according to Ayurveda, you need to eat foods that will nourish your body while providing you with healthy fats.
Make sure that you are also well hydrated and exercise regularly to maintain good metabolism. Ayurveda for weight gain is a gradual but rewarding practice that will support your overall wellness!
How to Gain Weight through Ayurveda?
People who are overweight and desperate to lose some of the flab would look enviously at someone who is thin. Probably what they don’t know is that Mr. or Mrs. Thin is probably looking at them enviously hoping they could gain some weight. While weight loss is one of the major concerns affecting people, weight gain is also an issue.
Weight gain products are available in the market in abundance. The sad story is that many of these products contain chemicals that could have long-term ill effects on the body. Some of them even have steroids that can be really bad for the body. What is needed is a natural solution to gain weight by following a process that is safe and is good for the body. This is precisely what Ayurveda offers. The ancient wellness system can help those who are looking for the answer to the question how to gain weight according to Ayurveda?
Ayurveda and weight gain
Ayurveda states that health problems and body conditions depend on the prevailing balance of Doshas (primary functional energy). Any imbalance in the Doshas can affect health. If you are underweight, then one of the key reasons could be related to vitiation in one or more of the Doshas. Ayurveda as a wellness system focuses on tackling the root cause of a problem, rather than merely focusing on the symptoms.
Weight gain through Ayurveda happens by setting right the body’s metabolism, which could be impaired due to various reasons. If any of the three Doshas – Vata, Pitta, or Kapha is imbalanced, then the solution lies in correcting this. There could be other reasons too for being underweight. One more key concept related to weight gain is Dhatu or tissue. When food is digested, the nutrients are absorbed into the Dhatus. If there is a problem with the absorption of nutrients, then it affects metabolism and in the process, a person’s weight as well.
For the body metabolism to function well, good digestion is important. The digestive strength is determined by the digestive fire (Agni). If the Agni is weakened, then it leads to improper digestion. This affects the Dhatus and can lead to weakness and inability to gain weight. You can gain weight by Ayurveda when these systemic problems are corrected. Ayurveda does not recommend solutions for short term relief. But it offers a complete holistic solution that includes dietary modification, lifestyle changes, and the use of supplements containing Ayurvedic weight gain herbs.
How to gain weight with Ayurveda?
Weight gain through Ayurveda is possible by adopting all or some of these strategies:
- One of the first things to do is to identify and correct any Dosha imbalance. This can be done through the use of herbal supplements and through therapies. An Ayurvedic practitioner would understand the patient’s constitution and then determine the herbs needed to balance the Doshas.
- Improving metabolism is the key to weight gain since it improves digestion. This can be achieved in Ayurveda by adding ghee to the diet. Ghee or Ghritham helps kindle the digestive fire and improves the absorption of nutrients by the Dhatus or tissue. Ghee also helps in the smooth elimination of wastes and helps repair the digestive system.
- Some of the diet-related tips for weight gain easy Ayurveda are:
- Foods should be prepared using organic and healthy oils. Food that is warm, moist, sweet, salty, and sour should be preferred. Pungent and bitter foods should be preferably avoided. Fruits, cereals, vegetables, nuts, milk, and milk-based products should be a part of the diet.
- Drinking plenty of water helps improve body metabolism. Start the day with warm water (up to 4 glasses) to help flush out toxins and correct the metabolism.
- Use spices like garlic, ginger, cinnamon, clove, and pepper in the diet to improve metabolism.
- Exercise is needed to improve metabolism. Yogasanas like the Suryanamaskara (sun salutation) is recommended.
- Adequate rest is important. A good night’s sleep and remaining calm and relaxed helps improve metabolism.
- Massage with an herbal oil helps in cleansing the body and removing toxins. This helps to correct Dosha imbalances and improve body metabolism.
Ayurveda herbs that help in weight gain?
Ayurveda has a rich tradition of using rare herbs from nature for health benefits. There are many weight gain herbs Ayurveda that are recommended by the ancient texts to help in weight gain. Some of the common herbs used are:
- Ashwagandha or Indian ginseng is a well-known stress reliever. It is a helpful herb to use when you want to gain weight.
- Shatavari is another popular Ayurvedic herb that helps in gaining weight by rejuvenating the body tissues.
- Yashtimadu or Licorice helps improve digestion and aids your weight gain effort. It also helps you regain lost strength and vitality.
Gain weight through Ayurvedic products
There are weight gain ayurvedic products that can help you in your journey towards weight gain. These products help correct imbalances, boost body metabolism, and help you gain weight in a natural way.
- Triphala is a combination of three Ayurvedic herbs Amalaki, Haritaki, and Bhibhitaki. It helps cleanse the body and improve metabolism, helping weight gain efforts.
- Chyawanprash is an herbal jam that improves digestion and helps in rejuvenation. It improves vitality and aids in weight gain.
- Ashwagandhadhi Lehyam is a herbal jam that helps balance energy, supports growth and development of healthy tissues, and helps promote Ojas, Prana, and vitality.
- Indukantha Ghritham is an herbalized ghee that supports healthy energy levels and a balanced metabolism.
Ayurveda being a wellness system focuses on a holistic way of improving health. We hope that the tips outlined in this article help you gain weight naturally in a safe and healthy way through these holistic practices.
Q1. How can I gain weight fast?
A1. It is tempting to binge on snacks like hamburgers and soda for a zippy weight gain, but doing so will have serious health consequences. The safe and healthy way to help gain weight if you are skinny involves:
- Including high protein and calorie-rich products in your diet. Aim for 700-1000 calories per day and 2.2 grams of calories of protein. Include foods like eggs and meat
- Frequent weight-gain exercises
- Getting enough sleep to help improve your body’s metabolism.
- Including small amounts of spices, including garlic, cardamom, and ginger.
- Use Ayurvedic self-massage oils to promote healthy circulation.
Q2. Why should I exercise if I am trying to gain weight?
A2. If you have a slender body type and are trying to gain weight, it’s natural for you to wonder about this. While most people exercise in order to lose weight, the fact remains that exercising has a number of benefits for your overall health and wellness. Even if you are trying to gain weight, exercising regularly can help aid your digestion, improve your metabolism, and balance your Agni (or digestive fire). This helps support the normal functioning of your body. When following an exercise routine, make sure that you are eating enough healthy calories to aid your weight gain. Remember that you don’t have to indulge in strenuous exercise to see the results; mild exercise or practicing yoga regularly can help you substantially.
Q3. Can I gain weight in a week?
A3. If you are skinny, you can help gain 1-2 pounds in a week with increased energy intake. If you eat more calories than your body can burn, you will add more weight. Include more proteins and calories in your diet to help you gain weight faster. You can eat more baked food, nuts, fatty fish, cheese, and drink a cup of milk daily.
If you want to help gain weight, do minimum exercises to ensure you do not burn more calories than you eat. However, lifting weight can help to increase your lean muscle mass. Inquire from experienced professionals about how you can lift weight to gain muscle weight because you can lose weight if done improperly.
If you would like to gain weight in a more natural way, learn how to gain weight according to Ayurveda.
Q4. Which foods help to gain weight?
A4. While it may seem easy, and quite tempting, it’s important that you not consume a lot of calorie-dense foods and sugary treats to gain weight. Instead, follow a balanced diet and consume hearty portions of fruits and vegetables everyday, eat starch-based foods, and include healthy proteins like legumes, fish, and eggs. If you need to use fats, use only natural products like ghee and virgin coconut oil.
Q5. Does banana increase weight?
A5. Eating bananas is a good choice if you want to help gain weight in a healthy manner. Bananas are extremely rich in fiber and a good source of nutrients like vitamin B6, potassium, and vitamin C, among others.Steady use of bananas can help you with natural and proper weight management.
Nevertheless, if you would like to help maintain weight in a more proven and natural way, you can buy quality Ayurvedic supplements from the Kerala Ayurveda online store.